Thursday 10 December 2015

Day 113: The (Non-Jigsaw) Puzzles of my Dad Part One: R.J. Series of Popular Puzzles

There were always interesting things to be found in the "Bug Room" or my father's closet in our Gardena house, and these items, many dating from his childhood, were moved to John Street. I found a case of "Popular Puzzles" in a bookcase next to my father's dresser. I remember attempting most of them, without much if any success, many years ago.



I don't believe I ever even made it much past Ireland!





I have the clearest memory of this puzzle, though not one of ever managing to finish it!

 






I could do one half of this one, but I don't see how two halves are possible!




This one is pretty impossible too!



You do have that little ramp to help you but still... Really?!





I probably had the most luck with this one, but still no real joy! This was the only one in fairly poor shape with its glass fronts-piece cracked, perhaps in frustration...







No comments:

Post a Comment