Saturday 12 September 2015

Day 76: Photos Taken Around the House - Living Room Edition Part Three


Here's Zowie when she was a kitten, on the back of the living room couch, which is still in the family room (where it moved in 1984.) This would have been around 1974 I think. I guess you couldn't see the TV very well from the couch, but it's facing my mom's old armchair with matching footstool.





The TV must have moved cause I seem to be watching it. Those coffee tables are still there, in front of the 1984 couch. Remember when remotes were attached by a cord? This would have been the original Betamax. This is 1981 or 1982; those are thrift shop bought Levi's from the 60s I am about to flog on eBay and an Ella and the Blacks tank top made by our roadie, Mel. Maybe it's morning as I'm drinking tea and OJ. Plus I have no makeup on yet and my hair is a mess.





Apparently this is Peter Schaaf, but I never would have recognized him without his glasses.




As well as here, without a face...




And here is my sister on the balcony. It must be around Christmas as my mom would have put up those Santa lights.



A friend of my sister's I think. I just threw out those Betamax racks; kept the tapes though. And recently gave away that painting and lamp.



My sister's friend Andy Schwartz with some mind-control invention made of foil.



I don't know who these people are (or I don't recognize them) nor what they have on their lap - a pool party bag, but my tiki lights, the same ones that decorated our balcony last month at Tiki Oasis, appear to be strangling them.



I have long loved this cheeky shot of Joe Mama Zinnato, but I never notice the corpse behind him before. I don't even know who that is! (/Could it be Geza X?)



You can see my dad's ukelin to the right of my sister.



That chair spun around and is where I would sit in the seventies when I listened to records on headphones. (The stereo was in the cabinet under the lamp.) I don't think I would have ever got through Beowulf without Electric Warrior in the background. But this is the eighties, and the last days of that particular chair.



My brother was home from college and in two weeks I would emigrate to the UK. So my mom took a bunch of photos of us on Thanksgiving 1984.





That's my Aunt Harriet, my mom's sister, in the background.





Probably earlier in 1984 or the year before, my brother watches TV with a weird haircut.


No comments:

Post a Comment