Friday 25 September 2015

Day 79: Photos Taken Around the House - Living Room Edition Part Four - Celebrations: Babies, Champers and Coffee Cups


In the living room, Christmas 2003, here we have a rug rat who received a barking dog from his grandparents.




And here's Luke with his grandma, though the focus is on the background.







Still life in yuletide in the oh so brown late seventies.




Andy Morrison above a kitten on the keys sticker:




Another ex of my sister's, Jerry Sully. Is he wearing a Donny Osmond cap?



Unidentified sleeping bodies, sometime before 1984.


My sister, sometime in the 80s I think.



Party of my parents; Peggy Bartlett and Ann Martin.



John and Ann Martin




Their son, John.




This must have been a church people's party as I believe that's Pastor Ausland downing the champers.



Some of our fake relatives. We had so few blood relatives that my mom would invite family friends over for holidays. This is Helen on the left, and Evy Lind on the right. Both originally from Chicago.



And here's Hal Lind, with Evy behind him. Note the top loading Betamax.



Some neighbors were invited to this party. That's Fred and Cherie Eckert, who lived across the street.


Not sure why my dad is so dressed up! Maybe it was a party for their thirtieth anniversary or something; I wouldn't have been around. That's Barney Weltz, a friend of theirs from church, with the champagne this time.


Now we're eating cake... Fred Eckert and another neighbor who looks familiar but who I cannot place...


Back to church folk: Yvonne Ausland, Bonnie Werts and one of the Ausland sons, unidentified kids. From the mantelpiece I can deduce that my parents recently made a trip to Africa. That would have been in the mid 80s.


A different party; fewer things on the mantelpiece and my dad is now dressed casually, again with church friends.


Hmmm, I see something that looks like part of a wedding cake; maybe I was right about the anniversary thing. Here are June and Bob Weiss.




Going back forward in time to mid 2002; here's Luke before he was old enough to leave empty wrappers all over that couch. I had not met him yet.






Here is the only photo of me in this bunch. And it's not a great one, I need my roots done, and my Vidal Sassoon haircut (I modelled for them in late 85) had grown out a bit and was not styled properly. I was visiting over the holidays that year. Kurt was in Kenya so we were back to being a nuclear family.



But here's a smirking Kurt, a couple of years before that, on the previous couch. As I said many times before, that afghan is still on the back of the next couch. And spot the difference players, that fan has moved to the position where the guitar was.



A rare photo of my dad with his feet up!



Note that many years later, here in 2012 with a newborn Annabelle, he is still drinking from the same coffee cup.



And for completists, I photographed said cup this year before I threw it away. (By the way, right after the Annabelle photo was taken, I bought him a thermal Starbucks cup, which he used ever day right up until the end. I hid the green one.)






No comments:

Post a Comment