Friday 27 November 2015

Day 110: Young Miss Part Two; A Familiar Face!

I didn't have time to go through all the Young Miss magazines I unearthed, but I pulled out a few of the best covers to photograph, such as this one:



Maybe I was hoping to find out how to talk to boys and make them listen, so I flipped through this issue. I had been wondering earlier if I would spot, among the readers' letters and tips, a name that would later become famous, but I sure wasn't expecting to see the name of someone who I actually knew!




Many of my friends will also recognize Plez, aka Princess Farhana. Soon after this she would move to Hollywood and become a charter member of the "Ramones family", a group of people from each corner of LA County who attended the Ramones first LA shows and formed the foundation of the LA punk scene. The multi-talented Plez started a fanzine called Lobotomy, has published several books, and sang in various bands before finding even more fame and fortune as a belly dancer. You can view her own blogs here:

http://pleasantgehman.blogspot.co.uk/

http://princessraqs.blogspot.co.uk/



I did not spot anyone else that I knew, but I got some handy tips for ruining the value of one's record collection!



Groovy gauchos, midis, knitted hats and vests... and just look at those shoes!





Handy guide to the new shows of the TV season with a very groovy titling font. I think the only one I watched was The Mary Tyler Moore Show. My friend Karen was on The Don Knotts Hour, which did not last very long. I guess it helped that Don Knotts was her father.



The Odd Couple soon moved to Friday nights, after The Partridge Family. I also watched Nancy, which, as I remember, was about the American president's daughter.



Weekend nights were boring in comparison...


Nope, I never made my own candy Christmas tree, and did not have time to find out what to do about nosy people...




But oh, I'm all for making a fake fur bedspread! Except for the fact I haven't had or used a bedspread since I discovered duvets existed.



Who remembers Skinny Dip cologne? I just remember the name and that I did not care for the smell of it. But look - it comes with a free terrarium - when was the last time you got a free terrarium, I ask you! - especially one that "adds beauty to your room just as Skinny Dip adds fragrance to your person"?! You can also add "non-powdery powder" to your face...



Of course this was at the time of the Sonny and Cher Variety Hour. I went to two or three tapings of that show, as well as Carol Burnett's...


No comments:

Post a Comment