Wednesday 5 August 2015

Day 69: Photos Taken Around the House: Out Front on 19th Street Edition

My sister has scanned a bunch more photos. These were all taken in front of the house, which is partly on a hill and faces 19th Street.

My brother doing some yard work:



 Patty Stefani (visiting from Illinois), me, and my sister in front of the house during the first summer there in 1972. Now the pine trees, including the one on the far right which has now been killed by the drought, are much higher than the roof and most of the shrubbery is gone.



 Have I posted this one before? This is the 1963 Ford Fairlane I inherited (it was my grandfather's) in 1981 after the Chevy Nova was totalled. This photo would have been taken in late 81 or early 82.




 And here's an arty shot of the Fairlane, taken from my sister's Honda Civic across the street.



 And here's the Honda Civic, parked across the street from the house. And some chick in hot pants.



 


Here she is, earlier on, by the back gate with her high school boyfriend, Jerry Sully. They must have had the same hairdresser and dentist.


 
Here's my mom in the driveway, with her Pontiac (I think; I get modern cars mixed up.) The driveway and garage also face 19th Street.





My brother again:





And my sister again, on the 19th Street side of the front yard:




 The front door, shrouded in mist...












No comments:

Post a Comment