Thursday 20 August 2015

Day 72: My Forgotten Life in Art Part Two


As I said at the end of part one, I liked to draw hair.

This is just some dude with my ideal hairdo. Maybe a bit heavy-handed on the eyebrows, but at least he has two of them!
 


I thought this was another fictional dude, but then I remembered he was the drummer of Argent. I guess I dug his hair.



For these guys I copied the album cover; no need to sit in an art gallery....

 


Mark Farner had super long hair, but this length had more body. It's from the time that Todd produced Grand Funk.



Here's a second attempt; he looks slightly less gruff:



I cannot remember if this was an actual person or not!



 Early Troubadour style Elton had nicer hair to draw.





 Johnny Winter with and without hair. They were both copied from photographs, but the second one ended up looking a lot like Mr. Clean. (Does Mr. Clean still exist?)



I gave some unknown guy Marc Bolan ringlets and Alice Cooper eye makeup.



 Well, this one is Marc Bolan... And some other dude with heavy makeup...



And I'll close this part with another fictional character - a cross between Marc Bolan, Pete Docherty and that dude from Hayzi Fantayzee, it appears, although the latter two were not around in 1975 of course! Note that I was using the artist name Desdemona at the time...






No comments:

Post a Comment