Thursday 20 August 2015

Day 73: Photos Taken Around the House - Living Room Edition Part Two


My father apparently spooked by a visit from some John Street neighbors on Halloween.




My mom with a chubby toddler Drake, sometime in 2008



My dad with some friends; from the balloon I gather this must have been his retirement party in 1990.



Another shot from that same party; toward the kitchen:




 And here, in the living room. I miss that lamp!
 

 

Still life: the mantelpiece, probably in the 80s.




My parents in the 80s:




My mom in the 80s: coffee cup, cigarette in ashtray, calculator, TV Guide, shoes off... There would have been a mystery novel on the footstool. I believe that was the first Mac there on the desk, or else the second one. Remember when you had to print on continuous paper? Note the Eames chair too.




Kristin and our cousin Keith on the couch:


They seem to be transfixed by something on TV.



Here I have joined them. From the music books on the organ and the tablecloth I can deduce this was around Christmas. It would have been some year in the late 90s.



Different clothes but same visit I believe:



Also in the 90s I think, but a few years earlier (as I have pointed out before, that couch and blanket have been in the same position since 1984 and that TV lasted at least a decade; the stereo arrived in the late 80s and has remained ever since, even though the turntable and tape deck stopped working years ago), my brother multitasks.



This David Hockney print is still hanging up in the living room. I think it was acquired in the 90s.



The big TV arrived in the mid 00s. This might have been my mom's birthday, maybe 2007?




Going back to the mid 80s, my sister and Berndt, her ex.



A friend of my sister's, some Christmas in the 80s at which I was not present.






Here Drake is very small, so this would have been late summer, 2007.





And we end with a couple of shots from the mid 70s. One Easter my sister created Easter eggs for each member of Mott the Hoople. It was difficult to shoot small objects back then... And hey, I am suddenly wondering, what happened to that mid century modern chair shown on the left?!



Here you can see the faces a tiny bit better, though not as clearly as the record sleeves or portable hibachi...




More to come; we aren't done with the living room yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment