Thursday 7 May 2015

Day 27: Butterflies and my Parents

My father collected butterflies (and moths), and my mother collected or at least bought butterfly objects. Or decorated the house with the same. There are more butterfly things than ever these days, so I have carried on the tradition. However, it was my mom who put up this wallpaper back in the 70s, as well as the metal butterflies.



I think this wallpaper, in her bathroom, was from the late 80s. But that tulip lamp was always there.



I had seen this book on the living room bookcase for years, with its scotch-taped slip cover, but when I took it off the shelf this card fell out.


The book was published in 1957, the same year my parents got married.



 Love those fonts!!! Why don't they make cards like this anymore? The "Fly to me" bit seems very appropriate.



Here's the inside. My mom later signed all her cards and gifts to my dad as "Madame X", but I never knew she had started this early.




No comments:

Post a Comment