Saturday 16 May 2015

Day 33: Yuletide on John Street Part One

Here are a couple of photos from our 1984 Christmas party that I missed in the party post. The first one is upstairs in the living room.


And here are Craig and I downstairs in the family room.

Plus... It turns out I have the invitation for that Boxing Day party after all! I must admit, my humor was of the blackest variety. I was a great fan of the Weekly World News in its heyday.



This is a photo of the Christmas tree above that same year. I used my Poloroid camera and moved it around in circles. I believe I used this as my Christmas card in 1985.



Let's move forward to the 21st century. Here is my nephew Drake in 2012. He is standing in front of the metal sculture by Daniel Gluck and in the background you can see my grandma's musical spinning Christmas tree (plays Jingle Bells) and the organ of course.



Now Drake is in the living room in front of the mantelpiece, where the ancient stockings have been hung with careless abandon, and the glitter Xmas trees from the 99 Cent Store keep falling down.



My sister had given him this magician's outfit.



Some peppermint whirls I made that Christmas, on my grandmother's china (never intended to go in the microwave, but it does) and my mom's Christmas tablecloth.



And finally, our downsized fake tree from Target in 2012. Through the window you can see one of our pine trees, which has now been fully murdered by pine beetles.


No comments:

Post a Comment