Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day 32: Pool Party Pics Part One

The first shots are from my May 1989 pool party. I had recently returned to John Street after being abroad for three straight years. But even without the Internet, I had kept in touch with most of my LA friends and they were still willing, at least then, to make the trek down the 405.

I had another party that year just before I left at the end of the summer, too.

 Yep, I still have that playsuit. I was examining it yesterday to see if the elastic had enough stretch left to allow the garment to be sold on eBay (without the buyer complaining, that is!)




Too many friends to list here, but most are tagged in my Facebook album with this shot. RIP, Bill Bartell, drilling a hole in Jeff's head with a corn cob. Jeff wore his Partridge Family jacket to a Laura Nyro concert that summer and Madonna, who was with Sandra Bernhard, pointed at it and nudged Sandra. (It makes me like Madonna more to think of her watching The Partridge Family in her suburban Detroit home.)



Lisa with young Gomez/Andy, the late (but never to the party) Kevin Wood, and Mary Rat. This may have been from the late summer party. Also in the background on the left is Suzanne Williams, my friend of 14 years at this point, who I never saw or heard from in the 26 years since. Her last number and address in Signal Hill was not valid in 1991; if anyone knows whatever happened to her, let me know.


 Andy looking wistful; another shot of Kevin Wood in the background. That's the back of Suzanne's head and the front of her new husband, whose name I can't remember. Norikazu is in the center background. Looks like someone was playing Password.



One last shot of the lost Suzanne. My former brother-in-law, Berndt, seems to be pondering something while eating peanuts, and my sister... Well, if looks could kill!

No comments:

Post a Comment