Wednesday 8 July 2015

Day 58: The Posters on My Walls Part One

Or, more specifically, the ceiling. There wasn't much wall space in my bedroom so most of my teenage posters were stuck on the ceiling with a staple gun. Here are a few of them.

 This had to be my favorite.



Of course I had Todd posters. I had a pin-up from Circus Magazine of the Birdman of Alcatrash costume, but the posters available were much more low key. This one I think I bought from an ad in the back of Creem.

This one's huge; an A1 flyposter. I probably hassled someone in a record store for it.



The truly sensational Sensational Alex Harvey Band. I got this one the first time I went to the UK.



Another record store gem.




During the brief time in high school when I was going out with Robert Marlow, he went home to Scotland at Christmas. He returned with this Steve Harley poster for me. Then he dumped me.





 From 1978 until 1980 I worked at CBS Records (as a photographer's assistant). I got minimum wage, but a lot of records and promo items. I am pretty sure that's when I got this poster. (And no, I had nothing to do with that photo session!)
 


 More to follow...








No comments:

Post a Comment