Friday 24 July 2015

Day 66: More Pictures In and Around the House, 80s Edition

What have we here? Why, it's the Bromomobile, bidding goodbye to 19th Street in December 1980. At that time I lived in the Oxford house in Koreatown, but after the Nova's tumble and flip down an embankment in the hills above KPFK - I was not the driver! - it was towed to my parents' house, in order to lower the property values in the neighborhood. I never knew they had taken these slides before it went to the junkyard.

I'm amazed at all that greenery! Otherwise, the street looks about the same.




Here's my cousin Paul on the balcony; he would have been on leave from the army. My mother would have taken this shot. Those metal chairs are still there, but that air plant on the wall is long gone. Sometime in the 90s the house was painted green; I preferred the dark wood cabin-y look.



My brother, Kurt, seems engrossed in something on television. As I have mentioned before, that sofa is now downstairs, but the afghan is in the same position on the "new" (i.e., 1984) couch.


The view from the balcony. We don't have all those plants anymore, but we still have the slide!


No comments:

Post a Comment