Monday 13 July 2015

Day 62: Stuff on the Walls Part Three

There's a lot of stuff on the walls here; I'm not even sure I've finished photographing it all.

In the family room my father had a very large custom built cabinet to hold moth cases. The outside he covered with cork. It's where I would display my Christmas cards each year that I was around, but this is what normally was pinned up there:



This below, however, I put up, sometime in the early 00s. It was done by Audrey Herbertson and is my favorite drawing ever, or at least apart from the one done in the sixties by Audrey's mom and myself of the combined Leuschner Lutze family, which unfortunately is, I think, lost.

I don't mind that Adam, around 7 or 8 here, towers above me, and that I look a bit like Phyllis Diller. Audrey has given me some hot pink earrings, Twiggy eyelashes, a multi-heart and Hello Kitty trimmed frock and blue boots. Not sure what those objects are in the top left portion; perhaps some bone fragments from our imaginary friend, The Scary Skeleton?



The writing has faded, but this is mine, too, from my first trip to Africa in 2004.

 
 I am embarrassed to admit I cannot remember this artist's name. He was at Bergamot Station for a few weeks around the turn of the century; he would do these paintings, a bunch at a time, on old boards, hundreds a day. It's cartoonish and primitive but I like this sort of stuff better than most modern art. They were really cheap, too, five or ten bucks each. Therefore I have a lot of them. Quality AND quantity!



Knott's Berry Farm has taken out their groovy black and white photo booth - boo hiss! Below Luke's and my photos is a drawing from Luke. And some eye pencils. (This is in my room.)


No comments:

Post a Comment