Thursday 11 June 2015

Day 43: Kitchen Stuff Part Two


The frying pan clock has hung at the end of our kitchen since 1972. Before that it resided on the kitchen wall in Gardena. It's electric, so you can tell when there has been a power outage (frequent round these parts) because otherwise it keeps perfect time.



People are always surprised by the location of the refrigerator. There is no floorspace in the kitchen for one of any size; it is a couple of feet off the ground in a recess back of the stairwell. It has been replaced once since 1972, and in the 90s and 00s I had countless arguments with my parents about getting a new one; they insisted that 1) you could not find one that would fit that space 2) that you would not be able to get a fridge in and out of the front door. (When I asked my dad how this fridge got in there, he changed the subject.)

I just realized I don't have a photo showing the location of the fridge; a tour of the surface will have to do for now.
















No comments:

Post a Comment