Saturday 6 June 2015

Day 38: Yuletide on John Street Part Two

We have a LOT of Christmas decorations.


 For eleven months of the year they were stored in the crawlspace under the house; this box was ready for 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2008. (And maybe 2009. I can't make out 2006 and 2007 for sure, but I would assume the box came out those years too.)





 No, this elf did not come out of that box. He was contorted among some stuffed animals.


As was this dirty Santa... Here he's a bit worried about the lack of snow on the ground.


Ho! Ho! Ho!


My mother used to string these Santa lights above the balcony.


I believe this box of ornaments, with the Sav-On price tag intact, were inherited from my grandmother. Fifty-nine cents for a dozen!


American made too!



Our dog and two cats had to share a stocking. (That is my writing. Note the correct punctuation!)


In this shot you can see the light-up eight-point star that also was plugged in on our balcony.



This is a Christmas card holder that was hung across the mantelpiece.


My nephew Luke has a taste.




One of the many advent calendars that we reused every year. Pictures only.. No chocolate!



 Who remembers Glass-wax? We would decorate the picture window and the sliding glass doors each year.



My mother did a Christmas letter (in rhyme, with photos) each year, but sometimes sent "regular" cards to local folk who didn't require the personal news. Here's a snazzy assortment.


I bought these Christmas plates for my mother a few years ago. Last Christmas I made these lime cookies (cut into the shape of houses) in London (though not in Limehouse) and brought a few back.



I have acquired quite a selection of wrapping paraphernalia over the years.  Available and ready to wrap your packages in 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment