Monday 29 June 2015

Day 53: Excavated Christmas Lists

This one's a doozie, folks.

Discovered today in my father's bedroom where they have been residing since sometime in the 1970s. Neither one is mine; the first is my brother Kurt's, the author of the second one wishes to remain anonymous. I am sorry to say that no information is available as to what each person actually did receive that Christmas, although it seems for my brother that my (thrifty) father probably went for the $1.99 orange nerf football. (And I seem to remember one kicking around the house for a while, until Daisy the cock-a-poo tore it apart; she loved to destroy Nerf balls of all types.)

This list would have been written in 1976, but I'm not sure why he added in 1776; was he hoping for a Spirit of '76 time machine? The page numbers refer to that year's Sears catalogue. Unless you have one on hand, we'll never know what the three objects on page 422 were...



"Please NO POLKA DOTS!
One color or so per scarf only please.
Pale colors as opposed to bright ones."

(You can tell this is not MY list!)

"Please, be sensible and remember what color her room is."



2 comments:

  1. This is hysterical. Especially the specificity and that your brother typed his and included page numbers, ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might have got that idea from .. me. I used to reference page numbers from the Sears catalogue too. I don't think I added up the total or put a number requirement though!

      Delete