Thursday 18 June 2015

Day 47: Some of My Own Stuff Part One

Yes, my parents have a lot of stuff to go through, but so do I.

This is a Barbie key ring that Craig Roose gave me for my birthday. I used it for a while.



But you can see here what the problem was...



I received this Mary Quant mini shoulder bag for my birthday when I was 9 or 10. It came with snap-on flowers in white, black and navy. I used it a lot years later in the punk and post-punk days.


Luke cleaned it up since this picture was taken in April.


I got these groovy stickers when I was 11. I forgot to take a shot of the inside. I think it says what class I was in.



In the summer of 1967, we spent a few weeks in Florida, and visited St. Augustine, the oldest city in the USA. I've never been back. I didn't use this giant pencil much as it was a bit unwieldy.





I used to seriously collect flamingos, the lawn variety and smaller. I don't remember where I got any of these, though the beaded one might be African. The little one is fuzzy!



Brendan (RIP) gave me this kitty for my birthday at Noura's (also missed) in 2004.



Many of you might know of my doll collection. This one, Tammy, is from the 60s, but a recent acquisition. My childhood friend, Jill,  had Tammy's mother back in the 60s, who we named Ma Romanoff. so I guess this is Tammy Romanoff.



No comments:

Post a Comment