Sunday 12 April 2015

Day 10: Knitting Pretty

My mom never taught me how to sew or knit, because she never did those things herself. I think my friend Jill's mom, Joan, was the one who showed me how to knit, and I remember a friend of my mom's (though I can't remember who) giving me knitting tips up at the cabin. I was all into making things - folk art, man! - but for once it wasn't my mom who saved my efforts at these kinds of things; I found a boxful that I must have saved myself in my old bedroom.

I had two types of knitting needles, in my favorite colors of metallic pink and lime green. The doll-sized scarf has remained on that knitting needle since the early 70s! Maybe it's time to purl a row.


Probably my most impressive knit work; there are photos of me wearing this headband.


An afghan for a Liddle Kiddle:


I don't know what happened in the center here!


A human sized scarf for a very short neck! My nephew is now using this as a mat for a vase.


 Verging into arts 'n' crafts here; I made this dolly out of bits of yarn and a wig I sort of scalped off a doll. The daisy fabric was a remnant I bought for 25 cents at the dime store.


More yarn yarns to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment