Friday 24 April 2015

Day 20: Odds 'n' Ends from the Bug Room Part Three


 Delving down more deeply into the bottom of the Odds 'n' Ends box we find:











My father nearly always attended the summer meetings of the Lepidopterists' Society, both the national one, or the western states (Pacific Slope Section) one. The Chiracahua Mountains in Arizona were one of his favorite collecting spots. We went there on family trips, too.







 Don't ask me where Barton Flats is!
  Although my father was employed by Hughes Aircraft Co. in El Segundo, California, he spent a lot of time working for them in Florida in the 60s and Colorado in the early to mid 70s. Note that this pass is marked "INDEFINITE".

I pulled out this nifty little folding HAPPY HOME travel alarm clock, with illuminated hands. I love that font! Unfortunately, I could not get it to work; I think its time has passed. Or that somebody overwound it!



What's in this little blue box?



 It seems my father was a bonafide VIP at the Rogues Gallery, as well as a flying eagle.

 

 And it's hard for someone like me to believe, but companies actually used to give you gifts after five or ten years of service, instead of a pink slip/P40! My dad ended up working at Hughes for around 30 years; they might have stopped at ten, though.
 


Here's a button from another Lepidopterist Society gathering:

  

And last, and probably least, a somewhat mildewed Continental Airlines luggage tag:




1 comment: