Friday 17 April 2015

Day 15: Odds 'n' Ends from the Bug Room Part Two

Delving deeper into the box we find:


As I mentioned before, my father worked on Surveyor, the first aircraft to land on the moon, at Cape Kennedy in the summer of 1967. We spent the summer in an apartment in Merritt Island, Florida, and got to go swimming every day.
 

I had lots of photos of the moon's surface for Show and Tell; now I have these mementos.

I like the note about keeping this as a souvenir.
 Back on Earth, these two fancy, slightly dirty, plastic trays were found.


As well as this slightly weird wooden vessel:


What do we have here? A mint, never removed from its filthy hard plastic packaging Speidel TWIST-O-FLEX watchband!!




And a trio of paint chipped dirty birds! I think they're rather cute...



And a tiki dude with big teeth. He's mine now.




Whoops, there is another whole layer. I shall need to do a part 3... coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the little birds and tiki dude! Stacy's father and our mom's dad worked on a bunch of Apollo missions. My mom used to have this giant blue notebook with souvenir patches and paperwork from each one. Don't know whatever happened to it. :(

    ReplyDelete