Thursday 2 April 2015

Day 2: No Fools Day

When I was about 14, I pounded a row of nails into each side of the beam going across my bedroom ceiling, and strung some Christmas lights and pop top chains along the nails. All this, including the nails, is long gone; my mother must have pulled them out when she painted the room white (yecch! It was dark wood panelling and she tried to make it "look bigger") after I moved to England and my brother was living in that room for a while.

Today, after I got through a huge stack of papers (did find a few interesting things to scan later, and read all about my father's butterfly collecting trip to Cuba in the mid 90s, during which all of his specimens were confiscated), I got up on a chair and pounded some nails back into the beam. They could have well been the same nails, as they were ancient! I used most of the same holes, then made some new ones over the window. I had bought a huge lot of fairy lights when the local Stats was going out of business and had an 80 per cent off sale; can never resist a bargain, especially a colorful one. So this is what I'll be gazing up at for the next three months and 29 days:


With the lamp off!
I shall leave you with a teaser; one of my dirty dolls. I have not thrown any of the dollies away; am wondering if I can flog them as horror film props or something.

I should have added a warning, not to look at this at bedtime!

3 comments:

  1. Love the lights...come and do my patio! I wish I'd known about the Stat's sale sooner, I caught it at the very end and stocked up on curly ribbon. The end of an era, no more going to see the Dept 56 Christmas villages .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doll would definitely work for a horror fim. She is rather terrifying. Love the mini lights! How did I miss out on the Stats sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The doll would definitely work for a horror fim. She is rather terrifying. Love the mini lights! How did I miss out on the Stats sale?

    ReplyDelete