Thursday 2 April 2015

Day 1: Four months to go!

At the end of February I made an agreement with my siblings, that we could sell the family home on August 1st. It wasn't as much time as I would have liked, but I was happy enough with having one half of one last summer, being half a mile from the beach. And it was five whole months!

I decided to start a new blog on March 1st, and post something every day. I don't know what happened! So let's see what I can do with April.

Our family moved into this house in 1972, and for the most part, the decor still looks like 1972. There is so much stuff to go through, although because I never moved much stuff to England that didn't fit in a suitcase, a lot of it is mine. Today I found a huge lot of photos from the late 90s that I had been searching for for years! I have barely started scanning, but here are a couple from a road trip I took with Sarah Smith in 1999; we are having breakfast in a Route 66 diner.


I have no idea why I am looking so glum!

I have been taking photos of a lot of stuff that we have been throwing out. Some of the stuff in the cupboards might have even come from our previous Gardena house:


Probably tastes like iron now too!





Happy Easter everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I took the majority of these photos 💁

    ReplyDelete