Thursday 1 October 2015

Day 81: The Final Month!

When I began this blog in April, I thought I had exactly four months left in the house, and I planned to do a post every day. It wasn't really a countdown, as I started with "Day 1", which is just as well as the sale of the house ended up being delayed anyway. And I have so many photos still to post (and a few to take) that I will not be finished posting them by the 1st of November, but the house will be.

Yes, it was sold, a month ago today in fact. And I have thirty days left after today. If you're in the area, come and have a last look at the Peanuts pictures, have a dip in the pool (nicer than ever at the moment), help me pack up some boxes... By the end of the year it will be just a memory.

Thankfully, no one disturbed the occupant, but when that sign went up, I never saw so much traffic on this corner, ever! It was kind of creepy to have so many people driving by really slowly...



Not sure why they never added a SOLD sign.



These are Brazilian pepper trees. They aren't native so they aren't protected. They are messy but I always liked them. Enjoy your last weeks of life, trees!







Here is where the Eckerts' house was across the street; all that is left is that one tree. I took this photo today.



Here's the top of the tree; more interesting than the McMansion going up...



And directly across the street, here's where Madonna's (no, not THAT Madonna) house once stood.



This pine tree is healthier than it looks in this photo, but it's going to go; petition to take it out has been filed.


The pine tree on the far right will stay, though.




The mushrooms on the dead pine tree are now a bit more shrivelled but are still abundant. No one has been able to identify them.



Surely there's a mycologist out there who can help?






No comments:

Post a Comment