Sunday 11 October 2015

Day 91: Stuff on the Walls Part Five - Scary Heads!

It's another scorcher today. A quick post before I jump in the pool...

My mother collected these Bosson heads. Many of them were kind of creepy. Especially this one! Which has an arm attached. And a weapon! At least there's no blood dripping from it.












This painting was on the wall of our Gardena house too. I never liked it; I felt sorry for the poor bison. The horse doesn't look too happy about being involved in this carnage either. Well, OK, at least this is better than the white men who just shot bison by the dozen from train windows for sport, but I still don't want to see the gore!



Now a nice peaceful forest scene in watercolor. I was going to tell you who the artist is but I think I just packed this away the other day.


My mother bought this somewhere in England. I think it says Woodhall - Sutton.



I might have given this photo tray to my mother or maybe she picked it up herself. At any rate I guess she needed to fill a space on the wall with an iconic London scene.



And finally, another painting from my early childhood in Gardena. When I was young I thought this was an original. The Musicians used to hang above the piano in the dining room in Gardena, and behind the TV in the living room in John Street.




1 comment:

  1. What will you do with the Bosson heads? They are bizarre, but good! Lisa E.

    ReplyDelete