Saturday 3 October 2015

Day 82: My Forgotten Life in Art Part Five - Song Illustrations

Taking a break from going through the last of my tapes - VHS, Beta, cassettes, and yes, 8-tracks - to post the last selectionsfrom my sketchbook.

From the colored hair, I can deduce that this started out as another Todd Rundgren portrait, but when it went wrong, I turned it into one of his character, Chuck Biscuits from his song "Piss Aaron."




Another Todd reference: A Dream Goes On Forever



I did like drawing eyes. And teardrops. Perhaps I should have been a tattoo artist. Another line from "A Dream Goes On Forever": But that doesn't get me through a sea of tears, over life's biggest tragedy. And yes, my spelling here was kind of tragic. I'm cringing.



Yet another line: But the time is stopped in my dream. Interesting crossing of my t's; I wonder what a graphologist would have made of this. I think the clock could have at least had a Dali bent.



And finally, I guess I was trying to re-create here Julian Lennon's innocent drawing of his classmate, Lucy. Uh huh.


No comments:

Post a Comment