Tuesday 6 October 2015

Day 85: Dolls, Dolls, Dolls Part One

Sorry, no dirty ones here. I think I still have quite a few dirty doll photos to post, but I'll leave those till nearer Halloween. (Plus I need to figure out which photos I have not added yet...)

I bought the world's most glamorous teenage doll on eBay. The item description said that she was "shaken in her box". She sure nuff was!



I never want to remove her from her box, and disturb her shaken state (I can live without the star-shaped ring from Brooke to me), so I was thrilled when Brian Grillo gave me an out of the box Brooke Shields, which used to belong to his mother.



When I was around 11, my parents went to Hawaii and my mom brought back this Barbie sized muu muu. It never really suited my late 60s/early 70s "mod era" dolls, so Ken wore it for a few years. (It was the only Barbie outfit he could get into.) But now I found it suits a 90s friend of Barbie, whose name I have forgotten. She came in some boring 90s get-up, but is much happier now.



This is a Growing-Up Skipper. You twist her left arm and she lengthens a bit and sprouts breasts! Twist it back the other way and she can reverse age. A friend of mine who collected dolls was afraid she would stop working if he twisted her arm too much, so he would have a once yearly arm-twisting ceremony. I recently realised that mine had had breasts for the past several years, so I took her back to her youth before I packed her away.



This is from the Barbie through the decades series; here we have an eighties soul sister.



Those things never rubbed off on me...



 Cambodian and Thai Barbies



 Ghanian Barbie



 Jamaican Barbie



And it's ... THAT Girl.



The Igster's pretty vertically challenged in real life; if I let  his mini version here out of the box he probably wouldn't even come up to Barbie's navel.



And finally, this BOO-tiful Barbie likes spiders and glows in the dark!


No comments:

Post a Comment