Saturday 3 October 2015

Day 83: Photos Taken In and Around the House: Swimming Pool Edition Part One

During the recent heat wave the (unheated) pool was gloriously refreshing; in fact it had rarely been nicer. The temperature at night has now dropped though and therefore so has the temperature of the pool. It was still nice today, but it is meant to be gray and rainy tomorrow. Never thought I'd be praying for another heatwave, but there are only 28 more days to use the pool!

Even though I was writing about being IN the pool, I have so many pool pics that I will start with ones showing people standing by the pool. Here are the Leuschner kids sometime in the 80s. I think it was the summer of 1989; the only other possibility is 1984 but I don't think I had that shirt yet. One of my flamingos can be seen in the background.



This was either July 1991 (when I was here for a month), or  early summer 1994.



 My sister in the early seventies. I barely can remember all that foliage on the back fence!

From our 1982 pool party, at which I actually went swimming! That's Frankie Marley; he knew how to dress for pool parties!



The mid seventies; my sister knows how to smirk.




I wasn't around for this pool party that my sister threw in the late seventies.





 Apparently my sister liked to pose by the pool more than I did. Here she looks like a real Manhattan Beachite, with Farrah Fawcett wings, too.





Some more pics from a pool party of my sister's; Andy Schwartz tries on a beach towel toga.






No comments:

Post a Comment