Sunday 4 October 2015

Day 84: Books, Books and More Books Part One

Today I rented a U-Haul, and filled it with dozens of boxes, containing nearly all my books, most of my records (I still have my 45s here), all my CDs and videotapes (VHS and Beta), 8-tracks, my mom's and grandmothers' dishes and glassware, some knicknacks of my mom's, Christmas stuff and most of my Barbie collection.

Here are some of the books that I packed away.

My mother gave me this book when I was young, but I think that copy is gone; this one was my father's, and a much nicer edition.



 Another book of children's poetry that belonged to little Ronnie.



 I remember my father had all the Oz books, but this is the only one I found when going through the boxes of old books stored under the house:


I took it over when I inherited it:




Another one of my dad's books:



 This one was mine; I got it for Christmas when I was around eight.


I remember in both this book and the movie made from it, the kindly old prospector gets thrown into the Grand Canyon by an evil gold thief. Brighty gives him a good kicking.



Back to my father's books, this one was pretty fab:


I recognize my grandmother's writing here:



 Only the pigs were ambitious?


Also my father's:


 As was this one:










No comments:

Post a Comment