Saturday 17 October 2015

Day 96: Boxes of Buttons and Badges Part One

I pulled out this box and it looked so familiar to me. Still, I could not remember at first what I had stored inside it.



Aha!


This one too. Yes, it's upside down as it was a presentation box; Christmas present in the mid seventies.


More badges; I guess this was the overspill.


I had forgotten I had so many Sparks badges! I found a few more elsewhere which I think I photographed; shall have to add those later. But these ones were from 1974 when I joined the Sparks fan club; I think I bought every one they had on offer.



I made the little Ron button on the right...


I was also in the Mott the Hoople fan club, and received a badge saying "Mott's Got It!" But shortly afterward I left my handbag in the school auditorium and found it in the trash later, minus the badge. I got this Roxy Music one the first time I went to England; I wore it all the time.


This one too:



And here's Eno, when he was a sex symbol!



 At first I was puzzled; why did I have some plain black buttons? Then I remembered, until I got access to a button maker, I would make my own by painting over with black nail polish lame-o buttons, and pasting on a photo. I guess these were unfinished projects.


But here's one I made of Keef:


And I believe I made the one on the left with a button maker. The Je ne regrette rien badge I bought in England. That was also a staple on my lapel for a long time.


Two more Keefs:


More Stones including a handmade Brian Jones:


 Ah, the seventies...




The Rubber City Rebels were from Akron, but I only vaguely remember the Hounds and have no memory whatsoever of The Phlaix. And who was Bram?


The Crawdaddy's recently reformed, I heard.


Handmade Tom Petterson, have no idea what the Eagle was, and the two on the right were promos; I worked for CBS Records in the late 80s.


 I collected all sorts of flamingo things. And I used to wear that sheriff's badge with my Ma Walton dresses.


I saw Dwight at the Whisky and the Roxy a number of times in the mid to late seventies...




No comments:

Post a Comment